Most expensive tickets in the NFL
Posted by ZA on November 30, 2008
So which teams have the most expensive tickets in the NFL? Below is data for the 2008 NFL season compiled by Team Marketing Report. A few observations before we get into the numbers.
- Kudos to the Buffalo Bills for having both the lowest average ticket price ($51.24) and lowest Fan Cost Index ($298.96). The Bills are the only team to have a FCI below $300. I hope that change if the Bills start to play more games in Toronto to lure more corporate dollars.
- The NFL average for ticket price is $72.20 and $396.36 for Fan Cost Index.
- Expect the Giants, Jets and Cowboys average ticket price to go up dramatically next season once they move into their new stadiums.
- The Chiefs are absolutely ripping off their loyal fans. Top 10 in league for average ticket price and bottom 5 in league for performance.
- It’s only 450 miles from Boston, Massachusetts to Buffalo, New York, a relatively short distance between NFL cities. But it will still cost you twice as much to attend a Pats game as it will a Bills game.
- Patriots fans sure are paying for their team’s success on the field. The Pats average ticket price is 30% higher than the next closest team (Bucs) and their Fan Cost Index is $100 more than the next closest team (Bears). Now I know what Bill Simmons was talking about.
|Rank||NFL Team||Average Ticket Price||Fan Cost Index|
|1||New England Patriots||$ 117.84||$ 596.25|
|2||Tamba Bay Buccaneers||$ 90.13||$ 483.02|
|3||Chicago Bears||$ 88.33||$ 484.31|
|4||New York Giants||$ 88.06||$ 480.74|
|5||New York Jets||$ 86.99||$ 476.26|
|6||Dallas Cowboys||$ 84.12||$ 435.49|
|7||San Diego Chargers||$ 81.39||$ 436.06|
|8||Indianapolis Colts||$ 81.13||$ 435.52|
|9||Kansas City Chiefs||$ 80.69||$ 422.72|
|10||Washington Redskins||$ 79.13||$ 441.43|
|11||Baltimore Ravens||$ 77.20||$ 425.81|
|12||Denver Broncos||$ 76.75||$ 400.01|
|13||Minnesota Vikings||$ 73.23||$ 386.92|
|14||San Francisco 49ers||$ 70.55||$ 376.71|
|15||Cincinnati Bengals||$ 69.85||$ 387.91|
|16||Philadelphia Eagles||$ 69.00||$ 383.50|
|17||St. Louis Rams||$ 68.28||$ 387.63|
|18||Pittsburgh Steelers||$ 67.47||$ 384.38|
|19||Houston Texans||$ 66.69||$ 376.75|
|20||Detroit Lions||$ 66.39||$ 383.57|
|21||Miami Dolphins||$ 66.11||$ 368.44|
|22||Arizona Cardinals||$ 65.08||$ 356.31|
|23||Atlanta Falcons||$ 63.95||$ 356.30|
|24||Green Bay Packers||$ 63.39||$ 354.45|
|25||Carolina Panthers||$ 63.32||$ 330.67|
|26||Oakland Raiders||$ 62.23||$ 359.90|
|27||New Orleans Saints||$ 62.22||$ 335.89|
|28||Seattle Seahawks||$ 61.25||$ 364.49|
|29||Tennessee Titans||$ 58.55||$ 347.19|
|30||Jacksonville Jaguars||$ 55.30||$ 302.09|
|31||Cleveland Browns||$ 54.41||$ 323.66|
|32||Buffalo Bills||$ 51.24||$ 298.96|
* Average Ticket Price – weighted average of season ticket prices, not including premium seating.
* Fan Cost Index – TMR’s trademarked stat. Price of 4 adults to attend that includes 4 tickets, 2 beers, 4 soft drinks, 4 hot dogs, 2 baseball caps, 2 programs and parking.
* The data is from Team Marketing Report.